Y5&6 Trip to Ypres, Belgium
Friday 30th November 2018
This page will contain all the useful information for our trip to Ypres.
- Initial letter about the planned trip - 7.3.18
- Passenger info and costs letter - 1.10.18
- Group Insurance Policy - Halsbury Travel
- Final details letter - 16.11.18
- PACKING CHECK LIST
- Link to submit your child's passport information - removed
- Link to apply for a European Health Insurance Card -https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx
- Children to arrive at school at 6am on Friday 30th November (yes, that early!)
- Eurotunnel train booked for 8:20am
- Visits during the day to Ypres, Menin Gate, Tyne Cot Cemetery, Essex Farm Cemetery & Dressing Station, In Flanders Fields Museum, Sanctuary Wood Museum (Hill 62).
- Eurotunnel back booked for 7:30pm
- Arrival back at school approximately 9:00pm
Please see below for key points:
- Children's passports should be sent into school on Monday 19th November. I can collect these directly on the gate if parents prefer not to send them in via bookbags! The passports will be kept locked at school.
- Children's EHIC (European Health Insurance Cards) should be sent into school on Monday 19th November along with the passport. If you have not yet applied for your child's EHIC, this must done in the next few days - link above
- Children will need to bring 3 packed meals with them (breakfast, lunch, tea) and drinks.
- Children may bring up to 20 Euros with them.
- If possible, please can children also bring one or two 50 euro cent coins with them. They will need them for the first toilet stop (coin operated facilities!).
- Children will need to wear school uniform on this trip. They should wear comfortable shoes, coat and gloves. They will also need to bring, in a separate bag, a pair of wellies and change of trousers/sock (e.g. tracksuit trousers) for the visit to the trenches. These can be very muddy.
Staff will be bringing some cameras / ipads with them for photographs. Children should not bring these with them.
No electronic devices may be brought. Phones, ipads, games etc should be left at home.
Children may bring books, colouring, travel games, e.g. pack of cards etc with them to use on the coach. Children will be responsible for all their food, clothing and items on the trip so should be able to carry these in a rucksack or similar bag. Wellies must be in a separate bag that they can go back into when covered in mud!
Medicine – if children require travel sickness pills please make sure they are taken before the journey and then give any additional tablets in a named envelop to your child’s teacher. Any other medicines required must be given to your child’s class teacher in a named envelope on the morning of the trip.