Our School Uniform
Our school uniform gives the children a sense of identity. It has been kept as simple and inexpensive as possible, bearing in mind that school clothes should be hardwearing, washable and allow freedom of movement.
And from My Clothing Online www.myclothing.com
We recommend Stikins labels. Click on the link below and we earn 30% commission!
- Bottle green v-necked school jumper with or without the school logo or a bottle green knitted button-up cardigan
- Grey school shorts or trousers
- Grey skirt or pinafore
- Infants - white polo shirt (with or without the school logo)
- Juniors – white shirt with green and yellow striped tie
- Between April and October - Summer dress in green and white check / stripes
Socks and shoes
The school wants all children to grow into healthy adults. We believe that it is dangerous for children to wear shoes that have platform soles, strappy open toed sandals, slingbacks or high heels, so we do not allow children to wear such shoes in our school. Neither do we allow children to wear trainers to school; this is because we think that this footwear is appropriate for sport or for leisurewear, but is not in keeping with the smart appearance of a school uniform. We require all children to wear sensible, smart shoes.
- White, grey or black socks
- Bottle green, grey or black tights
- Sensible, flat black shoes
- Boots are not permitted
- Trainers are not permitted
Coats and hats
- School fleece coat (optional)
- Suitable winter school coat with a hood
- Children must have a sun hat during the summer term. These do not have to be a school hat. School sun hats are available from Rivals and Tesco.
- Children must have the bottle green logo'd bookbag and PE bag. Other rucksacks and bags are not permitted.
PE and Games
- Plain bottle green shorts
- House colour T-Shirts (Franklin House = Red, Hawking House = Blue, Berners-Lee House = Green, Seacole House = Yellow)
- Trainers or plimsolls (except Reception class)
- Dark plain tracksuit bottoms (for winter PE sessions outside)
- The school also offers parents the opportunity to purchase House colour hoodies for the children to wear for outdoor PE sessions in the winter. These are optional. The children may wear their school jumper for these PE sessions if they prefer. If you would like a hoodie, please download the order form here.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are small gold or silver earring studs in pierced ears, small objects of religious significance and a watch.
- Hair accessories should be small and insignificant. Jo-Jo bows are not allowed.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- The school does not permit children to have ‘extreme’ haircuts that could serve as a distraction to other children. This includes patterns cut into the hair, Mohican styles, braids or artificial colours.
- The definition of an extreme hairstyle is at the discretion of the Headteacher.
Please make sure that all items of clothing and personal property are marked with the owner’s name.
Lost property is kept in the lost property boxes in the front lobby. Each year we acquire several boxes of unmarked, unclaimed but good quality clothing which often includes coats, tracksuits, jumpers, underwear and ties. Lost property, which is unclaimed for a length of time, will be given to charity.