School Meals & Milk
School meals at Hernhill C of E Primary School are cooked daily on the premises and provided by CH & CO Catering.
Healthy eating menus are planned on a three-week cycle and change in line with the seasons, offering an autumn/winter and spring/summer menu.
Should your child have any special dietary requirements, or you have any queries regarding the catering services provided at Hernhill please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Sunley in the office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Click here to pay for your child's meals. This will take you to the CH&Co website - register if you have never used the website before, otherwise choose login.
If your child is in Years R-2 they are entitled to universal infant free school meals.
In addition, regardless of what year your child is in, they may be entitled to free school meals because of the level of family income. You must receive one of these benefits to qualify:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- an income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker
Hernhill C of E Primary School is very keen to encourage and to teach the children about how they can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- In Foundation Stage and KS1 all children are provided with a piece of fruit or vegetable for their mid-morning snack.
- KS2 children may bring their own fresh fruit or vegetable snack.
- All children should have a bottle of water in class that they may drink freely from during the day. These should have a non-spill top.
- All children under the age of five and children in receipt of free school meals are provided with a portion of milk on a daily basis through Cool Milk.
- Parents of children over the age of five may pay for daily milk. Parents can register their child online at www.coolmilk.com/register. Milk usually costs around just £15 a term. By registering online, you’ll be able to make a payment straightaway and if your payment is received by 5pm on a Tuesday, your child will receive milk the following week.
We encourage all children to eat healthily at lunchtime to ensure they are alert and ready to learn in the afternoon.